RSS Feed

Challenge: Wrap-up

Posted on

It was slow going on this tunic, but I completed it Saturday night.
I think I did a fine job, but I had a little trouble getting the bias tape on the neckline. In the end, it looks about like the pattern photos. We chose a comical vintage parrot fabric by Wamsutta, harvested from my mom’s fabric stash. I made the orange bias tape from my stash. If you’re counting, you’ll notice that I spent a grand total of ZERO dollars on this sewing challenge! I think that is my favorite outcome of this week.

P1080563

The length ended up a bit shorter than I was envisioning, but Darren would not like it to be extended, so it stays.

P1080551

His only requested modification: that all of the parrots be holding orange hockey sticks. Hmmmm. We’ll have to see about that.

P1080530

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: